Monday, July 20, 2009


My teacher, Allie, says all lace makers should have a lace making cat(s), and these are mine. The yellow one is Ben, the gray one is Sam. They both help me to make lace, but Ben helps the most. His favorite helping favors are: unravel all my special thread all over the house, making his own lacy web, & pulling the special lace brass pins out of the pin cushion and dropping them on the floor! He prefers hat pins, but when they aren't handy he simply makes do. His latest feat was to chew the entire edge of one of my lace pillows! (I don't know for sure whether he did it or Sam, but I am assuming it was him.) Now the pillow & cover have millions of tiny bite marks. Luckily it is the smaller pillow, the one I use to experiment, but it is still one of my two pillows. I was not entirely thrilled to find this out, as you can imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment