Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hallelujah

Lyrics by Marie Kopp & Christina Heath
Music by Leonard Cohen

Swept away, my hopes are gone.
I'm feeling lost, all alone,  
I just don’t know how I'm gonna get through.
I've sunk into my darkest days,  
I can’t imagine now singing praise,
But I hear somebody singing Hallelujah.

Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelujah.

A broken home, a father gone,
A mother who has lost her son,
And several million people who have no one.
Yet somehow in their miseries
They're crying out "Let glory be
To God in all His mercy, Hallelujah!"
...
Though sometimes I can't see your face
You are my life, my source of grace;
Without you my whole world begins to fall through.
In this dark, you're guiding me
Your hand is there unfailingly,
It gives me strength to cry out Hallelujah!
...
Before the tears can even start
Your bleeding Hands and broken Heart
Hold my shattered soul through these disasters.
Though I can hardly feel you here
Through my failure, through my fear,
I go to you with mournful hallelujah.
...
My God you know my dreams and plans
But I place my future in Your hands,
So this is all that I ask from you now:
That You would hear me as I sing,
I make my life an offering,
My life remains your broken hallelujah!

Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelujah.
Hallelujah, hallelujah,
Hallelujah, hallelujah.


Instrumental version of the music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNIdlxtNu_o

Me singing this at my graduation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbBlxr_I5Co

No comments:

Post a Comment