Sunday, March 9, 2014

Prayer to Resist Temptation


My Christ,
You are the loving spouse of my soul. Protect me from temptation as a mortal husband protects his wife from harm. I do not want to succumb to these thoughts or desires; but I am weak and unable to resist their allure on my own. Battle them for me, and do not permit them enter or linger in me. Fill the void the evil leaves with grace and holiness; that is what I desire!

Blessed Mother, my beloved friend!
Shield the eyes of my heart from these temptations to evil, as a physical mother covers her child's eyes from the depravity, violence, and horror in this world. Turn me away from it to gaze upon the goodness and beauty of your Son.
Amen. 


(This is a prayer God has been forming in my heart recently, when I have struggled with temptations to impure thoughts, but it can apply to any spiritual struggle, which is why I love it so much.)

No comments:

Post a Comment