Wednesday, December 5, 2012

On Being Studious and Diligent

So. I've been working (actually, mostly stressing) on this research paper. As of this moment, I have nearly 5 full pages! Yahoo! I started it this afternoon with only one nearly full page, so I'm very proud of myself for adding nearly 4 more since 12:30 this afternoon.

I'm sure all the credit goes to my closest and dearest friend, Abby Roy, now Sister Mary Magdalene, Sister Servant of the Sacred Heart (aka my favorite religious order on the planet. No kidding. If I was a nun, I'd join them.) I got to see her for a few moments today while I helped Sister Maria decorate their retreat house convent for Christmas, and she gave me the most glorious hug. (Amazing the way she hugs....she's absolutely tiny, but squeezes harder and sweeter than anyone I know...other than perhaps her mom.....or my Grandma...)

Anyways, When she was going back upstairs to say her afternoon prayers, I asked her to pray for my paper. And look! After over a month of giving myself an stomach ulcer over it, and the most horrid week, brimming with severe mentel anxious breakdowns, I was able to calmly sit and choke out nearly four pages. I'm so grateful.

This leads me to a realization. An awful realization, in fact. I was at the convent/retreat center for over 3 hours, and I did not stop by the chapel to greet our Lord! I am truly grieved by this. Not being fake. I love the chapel there. It is so lovely. I have spent many a late late night praying and journaling there while on one of the 7 (8?) retreats I have made there.

Well, in about 2 hours I'm heading to adoration at my local perpetual adoration chapel. My same Lord is there, and he will be just as happy to see me as if I had visited him at the convent. I'm still sad that I didn't while there. Sigh.


Speaking of Sister Mary Magdalene and of retreats, the songs for today are:

Restless by Audrey Assad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0B2ybZpDeM

Sparrow by Audrey Assad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMSkKGZ9r14

My Only Love by Matt Maher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8iQBapeGs

Hero by Abandon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyv1jUDLY3s


Quote of the day:

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other."
 ~Jane Austen



Last thoughts: A most lovely picture of Sr. Mary Magdalene's and my confirmation saints: Hers, Saint Therese, Mine, Saint Joan. They are co-patronesses of France.




Saint Therese playing Saint Joan, who she had a great devotion to, in a convent play




                                             
            And, the two of us now, myself and Dear Sr. Mary Magdalene.



No comments:

Post a Comment