Sunday, October 21, 2012

Friday, 10-19-12

Today was a mixture of good and bad moments, but the good overwhelmingly conquerred. Both my government and composition classes went well.

When I returned home, I went shopping with my mother and older brother. We were searching for fabric and notions for an Indian costume. I will wear this costume next weekend when I play St. Kateri Tekakwitha. I will perform this role as part of the Candlelight Saints Tour in Loretto, PA.

We returned home from our shopping spree around 4:00 p.m. I then began packing for the weekend retreat that I am currently attending. I ate dinner with my family, quickly finished packing, then my mom drove me to UPJ, where I was meeting the other attendees.

The retreat has been wonderful so far. We began with two ice-breakers in order to get to know each other. After we finished these activities, we went on a candlelight prayer walk through the woods. This was very powerful and moving. When we had reached our destination, the prayers ceased, and the first talk commenced in a tiny ourdoor grotto.

After the talk, we had small group discussion, then night prayer, and now it is bed time so I will sign off.


No comments:

Post a Comment