Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday, 10-15-12

Technically, the blog might list this post as written on Tuesday, because the clock is nearing 1:00 a.m. as I type. However, this is Monday's blog/journal entry.

Today was difficult. I was in a dreadful mood, from about 9:00 p.m. Sunday evening, through 9:00 p.m. today (Monday). I woke up early this morning, planning to finish editing a paper for my English Composition class. I tried to finish this project Sunday evening, but I was in such a disagreeable mood that I simply could not. So, at 8:00 a.m. today I turned the computer on, ready for a fresh start. I opened Microsoft Word, and began searching for my paper. To my utter dismay, I found that in my frustration the night before, I saved the essay in some bizarre temporary file folder. This has happened to me before, and it is always a massive headache. Long story short, My elder brother eventually found the file, after more than an hour of searching.

When we finally found the file, I began editing the essay (again). I do truly enjoy writing, and I also enjoy the editing steps that perfect my pieces. I do not, however, enjoy this process when I am upset and frustrated, as I was this morning.

Although I only had two classes today, my foul mood made them both seem to drag on for hours. These classes, that I normally take great pleasure in, became very overwhelming.

When I returned home, I was hungry, overly tired from a series of late nights/early mornings this past week, and entirely impatient. I found myself snapping at every member of my family. Basically, the afternoon was not an improvement over the morning.

However, I did enjoy a few things today. First, this afternoon, my elder brother Mike practiced swing dancing with me. I love dancing, especially swing dancing, so this was exhilarating. Second, late this evening, both of my brothers and I went to Walmart and dug through the $5 movie bin. We returned home with three selections: Salt, Frequency, and Source Code. Lastly, we watched Frequency with my mother; hence the late (early) hour. The movie was very well done, but had a very creepy subplot, which is why I am peeking over my should every few seconds while I write this. Hence, I will finish, and flee to my reassuring bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment