Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday, 10-17-12

This morning, I experienced firsthand the movie Groundhog Day. By experience, I do not mean that I watched the movie; I mean that I underwent a very similar sequence of events as the main character in that movie.

I awoke around 8:00 a.m, and realized that I needed to prepare for school. I got dressed, did my hair, etc., and then glanced at a clock as I left the house. To my horror, I found that I had lost track of time, and was running dreadfully late. I began to panic! Then I woke up.

Thank goodness, this was only a dream! So, for seemingly the second time today, I got up, got dressed, and glanced at the clock as I let my house. Yet again, I panicked, for just as in the dream, I was running very late. Then I woke up.

This whole process repeated one last time, before my phone vibrating on my desk finally roused me, this time to reality. Therefore, I had a total of three dreams, all in a row, before finally awakening and beginning my day. The whole experience was incredibly stressful, yet equally humorous.




Government class was much much more relaxed that usual, since I did not watch or listen to any part of the presidential debate last night. (I was adoring the Holy Eucharist instead.) Composition class was also quite enjoyable. At 2:45, I began my piano lesson. It went surprisingly well, as I had not practiced nearly enough this past week. My piano teacher is truly inspiring, and handles difficult students such as myself magnificently. I hope to be more diligent with practicing this week.

From 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., I attended my younger brother's eagle scout fundraiser at Five Guys Restaurant. Many friends and acquaintances came, and the event seemed to be quite a sucess.

Today, I also experienced a beautiful proof of Faith from our Lord. After dinner, my family noticed that we were missing $40. Everyone became very upset, and the atmosphere was chaotic. After searching for more than fifteen minutes, we decided the money was gone for good, and retreated to our cars; we were all in foul moods. When I entered my car, I offered a simple prayer that our Lord would find the money. I explained that I did not ask this because of the value of the money, but because I knew that some of us would remain in dreadful moods if the money was not found. Mere seconds after this prayer drifted from my thoughts, my father announced that he had found the money.

The last event of my day consisted in watching the movie, Trouble with the Curve, with my mother, brothers, and Fr. Michael Wolfe at Richland Cinemas. The movie was very enjoyable; it was a pleasant end a lovely day.





No comments:

Post a Comment