Monday, October 15, 2012

Just Some Thoughts

I've been thinking lately. Thinking about my life, who I am, who I'm becoming, and everything associated with ME. So here are my results.

I am a bit bizarre. And VERY eclectic. I just love the word eccentric, because it is the perfect definition of what I am. I mean, how can someone like hard rock, and yet be in love with The Four Seasons by Vivaldi, and then switch to hip-hop and rap in the nest five minutes? How is it possible to be such a mixture, as I so obviously am? And yet, is it not  beautiful...? Is it not incredible that there are so many unrelated characteristics in me, and if I did not exist, they would have no link? These unrelated and even conflicting qualities, interests, abilities, would remain just that, unrelated and conflicting. Is it not so utterly lovely and mind boggling, that through Christ, we are so bizarre? I know it sounds weird, but think about it. Because we are made so unique, we do not fit into boxes. We will never share exactly the same opinions and attributes as any other single individual person in the history of the entire universe.

Our world wants everyone to fit into one of an insanely short and tidy list of molds. But we cannot. And there is so much immense beauty in that one little fact. I will never experience anything exactly the way you experience it. And you will never be the same link between the exact same conflicting qualities that I am. We may share some, or many, interests, but we are each the unique, irreplaceable , one-time-only glue that will hold together our own mess of bizarre interests, likes and dislikes, beliefs, and, well, music preferences.... No one else will ever be that glue again. We must treasure being that glue. Because each one of us takes the unrelated, and relates it.

People ask pro-lifers why they believe what they do? This is why. Because that baby is a person. And that person is a glue, that will never be reproduced precisely ever again. 

 So consider today: What are some of the innumerable conflicting things, that only because of you, are beautifully connected?

No comments:

Post a Comment