Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday, 10-18-12

Today was rather uneventful. My day began with a dentist appointment, which went much more quickly and smoothly than they usually do. I am very grateful for this, because I'm not overly fond of dentists, or doctors in general. After the appointment, I went home and watched the movie Salt with my brothers. The movie was bizarre; I don't think I followed the storyline well.

At noon, I attended the second practice for the Shakespeare production. I am very pleased with how the show is forming. It should be highly enjoyable. Practice today was very humorous, and it was nice to finally meet most of my fellow cast members. I look forward to working with them more.

When I returned home from practice, my elder brother Mike and I watched the beginning of a NCIS episode. Then I took a short power nap. When I woke up, I worked on homework, ate dinner with my family, and studied for my upcoming government exam.

At 8:30, Mike and I went to Valley Dairy for ice cream sundaes. Mike also helped me study while we were eating. After returning home, Mike and I joined our mother and younger brother for a round of Masterpiece. Now I will finish this, run a load of laundry, and dive into bed.


Favorite poem of the day: "Sonnet 19" by William Shakespeare


Devouring Time, blunt thou the lion's paws,
And make the earth devour her own sweet brood;
Pluck the keen teeth from the fierce tiger's jaws,
And burn the long-lived phoenix in her blood;
Make glad and sorry seasons as thou fleets,
And do whate'er thou wilt, swift-footed Time,
To the wide world and all her fading sweets;
But I forbid thee one most heinous crime:
O, carve not with thy hours my love's fair brow,
Nor draw no lines there with thine antique pen;
Him in thy course untainted do allow
For beauty's pattern to succeeding men.
    Yet, do thy worst, old Time: despite thy wrong,
    My love shall in my verse ever live young.

No comments:

Post a Comment