Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday, 10-21-12

Today's journal entry will be short, as I am falling asleep as I try to write, and it is only 10:00p.m.

The retreat ended today at 2:00 p.m. The weekend was exactly what I'd hoped it would be; the retreat introduced me to 29 other amazing people who are genuinely trying to live out their Faith, andit also gave me the spiritual renewal I so desperately needed.

I have been on many other retreats. Usually, I leave feeling an enormous "spiritual high." Today, however, was different. I left feeling true and residing peace. It was a new feeling, but a very beautiful one, and a much more genuine feeling than the "highs" usually are. Christ revealed himself to me this weekend in ways he never had before. At some points, I could almost see him sitting in Heaven, chuckling at the practical joke he had just pulled on me. This happened specifically twice. Mostly, however, I felt his love, and I knew he was there, holding me, guiding me, and granting me peace. I'm so glad that I finally decided to go, even though the decision was a difficult one. I'm also extremely grateful for all the new friends I made this week; I hope to continue in our friendships, and grow in our spirituality together.


No comments:

Post a Comment